Join the Sunstate Team and drive your career forward!
Sunstate offers a great environment for growth, training and career advancement, along with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including:
Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance Plans
Company Paid Life Insurance
401K Plan with Company Matching
Optional (Employee Paid) Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Plan
Personal Leave Time
Sunstate Technology Group is now part of a nationally recognized partnership focused on ensuring there is no wrong door and no wrong person for service members, veterans, or family members to turn to for employment opportunities, training and resources.
Sunstate Technology Group Service Manager
Job Description Summary:
The System Administrator is a strategic technical position within the organization. This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of business systems, coordinating complex projects, and implementing solutions. The System Administrator works alongside the sales, service and project teams to ensure business system support defined processes and standard operating procedures. The System Administrator will perform business system testing, result verification and validation methods. As with all positions at the Systems Administrator must exhibit actions and behaviors that promote a positive, supportive working environment!
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing business system parameter updates in support of processes and standard operating procedures
- Analyze business system parameters settings to ensure operational reporting and metric calculations are accurate
- Align business system parameters with operational business metrics to ensure reporting is accurate
- Planning and coordination of updates to business systems and devising ways to streamline processes
- Responsible for change management and ensures communication is completed for business system updates
- Responsible for service to system and service to vendor auditing
- Coordinate and support necessary steps to make corrections as a result of audit reporting
- Liaising with users to track additional requirements and features
- Ensure system updates support sales quoting and proposal process
- Maintain and create operational business reports as requested
- Coordinate and support the NOC with line range testing prior to launching new line range.
- Coordinate port requests and assist with resolution of reported service issues on VoIP, LRN and porting
- Ability to work and develop aggressive timelines with limited supervision and direction
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
- Communications – Verbal: Listens and repeats back for clarification; Communicates in understanding manner; Adapts tone and style to individual; Communicates clearly with all audiences; Demonstrates effective presentation skills; Presents persuasively when appropriate
- Communications – Written: Writes in an understandable manner; Communicates clearly and efficiently; Adapts writing style to audience; Checks work for spelling and grammar; Incorporates numerical data effectively; Formats documents for quick review
- Business Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Time Management: Plans how to achieve key priorities weekly; Reviews results of time plans weekly; Schedules time realistically; Achieves key priorities daily; Balances personal and professional objectives
- Maintains a good attitude and reduces stress in stressful situations
- Maintains and advocates for a high degree of professionalism when dealing with vendors, clients and internal stakeholders
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving and fluid environment
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSC/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- Minimum 5 years proven and demonstrable Porting experience.
- Understanding of Sunstate Business Systems.
Help Desk Support – Tier 2
Tier 2 Support
- Review and work on all tickets assigned by dispatcher.
- Provide Technical assistance and mentoring to other Technicians.
- Tier 2 Technicians should have thorough understanding of ticket SLA, ticket types and their Sub-types.
- If ticket constitutes Tier 3 support, but a Tier 2 Technician feels they can resolve the fault, authorization must be acquired from Tier 3 member before attempting to work on faults.
- Ensure ticket response times are met as per client’s contractual SLAs.
- Tier 2 Technicians are expected to aid on Projects as and when required.
- Where tickets Type/Sub-type constitutes Tier 3 support, Escalation procedure must be followed. This will involve advising the Dispatcher that a ticket requires escalation from Tier 2. Once a ticket is escalated it will be re-assigned by the Dispatcher to Tier 3.
- Technicians are expected to identify more advanced trends and patterns of technical faults. In practical terms, these trends should be discussed with technical team and Manager, reducing help desk effort to repair recurring faults.
- Technical troubleshooting experience, includes Networking and small cabling.
- Certifications & Work History.
- Advanced Computer and operating system trouble shooting.
- Advanced Networking and troubleshooting.
- Advanced Help desk experience using ticket programs. 2+ years.
- Basic Project management and ownership.
- Advanced client application troubleshooting.
- Excellent documentation.
- Tier 2 Certifications/Qualifications.
- A+ certification or compatible years of service and demonstrative work history.
- Networking+ certification or compatible years of service and demonstrative work history.
- Security+ certification or compatible years of service and demonstrative work history.
- CCNA Cisco Certification or compatible years of service and demonstrative work history.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or compatible years of service and demonstrative work history.
- Knowledge with a plus Connectwise Manage, Automate and Control “Screen connect” a plus.
Help Desk Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure help desk is manned always.
- Request additional support from Coordinator when necessary.
- Effective use of Resources.
- Through and effective escalation of issues requiring additional support.
- Communication – Right Time, Right Place.
- Role Model to Pier’s and Customers.
- Always work for the team, no matter how busy your workload gets. Team players are pivotal to the success of any Team.
- Behavior & Attitude.
- Attitude to colleagues and customers is professional, courteous and respectful always.
- Effective Communication.
- Provide clients with accurate, useful information always.
- Maintain upbeat, positive, can-do attitude.
- Every customer is important – make sure they feel that way!
- Tier 2 Technicians are likely to experience more aggressive client frustrations due to the nature of the faults being dealt with, and the severity of these to clients.
- Be mindful of potential problems and act quickly to mitigate these.
- All customer complaints should be reported to the Help Desk Manager.
Identify Sales Opportunities
- Pick up on client buying signals.
- Identify systems in need of upgrade or replacement.
- Forward Opportunities to Sales Board.
All Technicians in all support Tiers are expected to:
- Be thorough in the documentation of their work and time on tickets. Details of verbal discussions with clients, agreed times/dates/actions, precise actions taken and next steps.
- Keep their Ticket Status’ up to date, reflecting the current state of the fault.
- Ensure tickets have up-to-date notes at COB of every day.
- Provide full documented handover to Manager day prior to finishing work for Annual Leave. This will give time to clarify any points in the handover.
- Client information and How to documents need to be recorded in Sunstate RMM application.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “All-Inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and be a reasonable representation of its activities.